AR-15/M16 Comprehensive Armorer Course
in partnership with the Weapon Systems Training Council
Length of Seminar: 3 Days
Instructor: Lt. Ron Carter (Ret) and/or Sgt. Michial Dunlap (Ret) WSTC Sr. Staff Instructor
This three day training module will present a comprehensive,
detailed exposure to the AR-15/M-16 Rifle Platform. The
program will provide an in-depth understanding of all
components, parts and maintenance of the system, as well
as, carbine program implementation and selection. This
is not a basic, bare bones armorer class. Each student
will leave with a very enhanced knowledge of the weapon
platform application, assembly, tear-down, repair, diagnosis
and maintenance of the AR-15/M-16 rifle. All rifles,
parts, tools and materials will be provided for the student
to participate and accomplish the class objective.
This class is structured for law enforcement
and government personnel who is responsible for the implementation,
repair and maintenance of the department or agency’s
AR-15/M-16 weapon systems.
As a result of attending this
class, participants should be able to:
- Understand an overview
of the implementation and weapon selection for the Department’s
AR-15/M-16 Carbine Program.
- Selection of proper weapon and specifications for
- Understand the safety principles involved with AR-15/M-16
- Proper Nomenclature of each part.
- Identify all parts and assemblies of the AR-15/M-16
- Understand the function of each part.
- Assemble & Disassemble the complete Upper Receiver
- Assemble & Disassemble the complete Barrel Assembly.
- Assemble & Disassemble the complete Lower Receiver
- Identify & replace defective or broken parts.
- Order proper parts for repair.
- Obtain technical knowledge of various trigger groups.
- Obtain technical knowledge of Gas System requirements & operation.
- Diagnose problems.
- Knowledge of optional & necessary equipment selection.
- Installation of optional & necessary equipment selection.
- Ability to share knowledge gained with other personnel.