Phase III Hostage Negotiations and Crisis Intervention Certification
Length of Seminar: 4.5 Days
Instructor: Mark Lowther,
Jack Cambria and
This course builds upon Phase I and II, strengthening the foundation of both the theories and practice of hostage negotiations. Completing the Phase I & II Hostage Negotiations through Public Agency Training Council is a prerequisite (other hostage training courses do not qualify).
Certification is available to participants who score 70 percent or higher on a 50-question test covering material from Phase I, II, and III. Participants will also be critiqued on their ability to fulfill the duties of the primary negotiator.
Participants will be able to:
• Supervise and manage a hostage negotiation team and scene
• Predict the resolution of hostage/barricade situations
• Serve as an expert witness on hostage/barricade situations
• Analyze the mental and psychological state and suicide risk of a hostage-taker
• Communicate and negotiate effectively with mentally impaired individuals
• Understanding the communications and negation challenges of correctional facilities
• Deal effectively with individuals suffering from PTSD
Link to Hostage website: Here