This class is intended to cover the “basics” of fire investigation. It will be directed to those just getting into fire investigation. It will also serve as a “refresher” to those who may have more experience in fire investigation. This list will cover some of the topics that will be covered in this short course.
- The use of NFPA 921 and NFPA 1033
- Understanding fire behavior
- Understanding flashover
- Recognizing basic fire patterns
- Recognizing the effects of ventilation
- “Reading” the fire scene and determining the area of origin
- Accidental & Incendiary Fire Causes
The student should bring along the 2017 Edition of NFPA 921 and NFPA 1033. The entire course will be presented using this reference material.