Effective narcotics teams begin with highly effective leaders who understand how to supervise, motivate, and evaluate narcotics officers while developing a proactive narcotics unit.
Through this course, current and future first- and mid-level narcotics supervisors will gain knowledge and skills that will enhance their leadership ability. The program provides training in all key areas including operational planning, confidential source management, drug trends and officer safety, recruitment and teambuilding, case development, quality control techniques, operational safety, and how to provide value to the community, agency, and team members without sacrificing effectiveness.
Upon Completion: Participants will be able to:
• Discuss local and national drug trends impacting their agencies
• Identify sources of drug intelligence
• Set goals and standards for their team
• Implement quality control protocols
• Grasp supervisor perceptions of informants and motivations
• Understand the supervisor’s role in planning safe operations
• Evaluate leadership styles and assess motivation
• Apply the strengths and weakness of team members
• Deal with problem employees
• Identify and recruit potential team members