Practical Kinesic Interview and Interrogation® - Phase I
Length of Seminar: 2.5 Days
In 1975, Rand Corporation research concluded that the single most important factor directly affecting the outcome of any investigation was the quality of information obtained from the witness or victim of the event. The proper interview and interrogation of possible suspects has a significant effect on the success of an investigation. Kinesic interview and interrogation is a multiphase behavioral analysis system used to conduct more effective and efficient interpersonal communications, based upon common everyday behavior of human beings.
This course will use Kinesic principles to assist interviewers in identifying and detecting deception based upon normal and abnormal response to stress, and using the subject’s personality profile to structure interviews and questions to gain the maximum information.
Participants will be able to:
• Conduct a successful and effective interview
• Identify symptoms of speech quality and content to determine truth and deception
• Assess truth and deception through verbal cues coupled with methods of human recall
• Observe body language cues that are inconsistent with speech cues or emotional symptoms
• Use techniques to take control and command of the interview environment
• Recognize verbal and nonverbal cues signaling that a subject is prepared to confess