Meeting the Requirements of NFPA™ 1033
Length of Seminar: 2 Days
Instructor: Steve Riggs
This two (2) day training module will provide the fire/arson investigator with the practical and technical skills necessary to meet the requirements of the 1033 standard. Attendees will be provided the necessary training to meet the secondary education requirements as listed in the document.
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
Attendees will have been provided the necessary training to:
- Demonstrate the ability to complete the tasks in the job performance requirements;
- Meet the secondary education requirements listed in the standard;
- Demonstrate and document their education and training in his/her CV so prosecutors, attorneys and judges are assured the expert is in compliance with the standard;
- Demonstrate proper documentation pertaining to evaluation of job performance requirements;
- Demonstrate compliance with the listed ASTM standards referenced in the document;
- Demonstrate and explain the proper use of a systematic approach and how the scientific method was applied and tested;
A CD with useful resources pertinent to this training will be provided to all attendees. The CD will include, among other resources, quick reference check sheets that will assist the the investigator in confirming and demonstrating their procedures are compliant with the 1033 requirements.