Performing a legal search of vehicles and the items inside is of paramount importance to officers in law enforcement. Locating contraband can be challenging with the level of sophisticated methods that many Criminal Organizations take advantage of.
This course will provide insight on the incredible advanced concealment places in land vehicles that smugglers and other people involved in criminal activity hide the drugs, weapons and currency. This course is of strictly concealment methods and the challenges they bring to law enforcement.
Upon Completion: Participants will be able to:
• Locate hidden contraband in very sophisticated compartments
• Identify the various ways in which hidden compartments can be located
• Understand the inherent value of performing a legal search to the fullest extent of the legal limit
• Understand the importance of a thorough search after probable cause is revealed
• Apply the use of magnets and understand their value
• Identify areas even small-time users may hide small amounts of contraband
• Understand how to bypass electrical compartments
• Recognize traps in recreational vehicles and campers
• Recognize traps in things hauled in or on vehicles