This Checklist is not included in the LEGAL GUIDE COMBO
Each LLRMI checklist provides an "easy to understand" list of duties and activities for public safety personnel based on Supreme Court decisions. Checklists are 8.5”x11”, two-sided, color, and laminated for durability.
Thousands of checklists have been distributed through the Public Agency Training Council and the Legal Liability Risk Management Institute.
For quantity discounts please contact the Public Agency Training Council at 800-365-0119.
~A sample of this checklist is provided below~
Excerpt from this checklist:
There is no such thing as a complete checklist for investigating criminal activity. There are some basic items and resources that should always be considered in any investigation. Do not forget, one of the most significant attributes of any investigator is the ability to think outside the box and develop new and innovative strategies for solving crimes.
- Ensure that entire area is canvassed for witnesses
- Speak to everyone who was in a position to see or hear
- Document what was seen and heard as well as what was not seen or not heard
- Document distance and sight lines (obstructions) between the scene and the witness
- Compile list of persons who were spoken to and document their report
- Did they see or hear anything
- Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?
- If not-document their report of not hearing or seeing